A decision on the admission of a student into the ABC International School takes place following an entrance examination and interview with a member of the Senior Leadership Team. Interviews need to be arranged in advance, through the office administration. Certain documentation needs to be presented to the school before an interview can take place. The purpose of the interview is to ascertain the educational ability, aptitude, level of English and experience across a variety of curriculum areas of a prospective student. A candidate can be accepted as a student if the interviewer’s judgment is that the candidate will successfully access all areas of the curriculum and thrive educationally and socially. If a particular class is full, a student’s name may be entered onto a waiting list and parents informed accordingly if places become available.
If an applicant is successful a parent/guardian of a student is required at the interview to complete an admission form; a declaration accepting all school rules, regulations and policies must also be signed. After the offer of a place at the ABC International School will is made, parents have one week to complete all necessary documentation and fee payments.
- Registration form
- Bus registration form (optional)
- Two passport sized photographs
- Student’s passport or birth certificate (for Vietnamese National)
- Copies of last 2 school reports from previous school
- Payment for registration fees, tuition fees, deposit
- Modern foreign language option form (Year 5 and above)
- IGCSE option form (Year 10 and above)
The procedure to follow after a placement offer has been made:
- 2 passport photographs of the student
- A photocopy of the student’s birth certificate or passport
- Records and reports from previous schools (including relevant medical reports from previous schools)
- A School bus declaration form
- Modern Foreign Language Option Form (Year 6-7 only)
- IGCSE/A level Option Form (Year 10 and above)
- An Insurance Waiver form
- A swimming and school trip agreement form
A student is placed in a year group based on a number of criteria including age, previous educational experience, maturity, English language ability.
The school does not provide Special Educational Needs support for students with learning difficulties. Children with demonstrable Special Educational Needs will be considered on an individual basis. The management’s decision on admission will be final.
Parents accept, as part of the admissions process that they will send their child on the annual school trip. When parents complete the registration process as outlined above, this indicates that they both accept and support all rules, regulations and policies put in place by the management of the school with the welfare and safety of students in mind. Students are thereafter bound to accept all the rules, regulations and policies of the school without question, no matter what area of school life such policies relate to.
The ABC International School reserves the right to immediately cancel the registration of any student who neglects to follow any of these rules, regulations or polices. We accept no liability where students endanger either themselves or others as a result of failing to follow our rules, regulations or policies.